April 8, 2020
Every student on his way to earn Security+ certification has some questions in mind. Rejoice because all of them have been answered along with some tips and tricks that can help you pass this troublesome exam in one attempt only. To sum up, this article includes everything you wanted to know about Security+ SY0-501 Exam Questions.
1. What is CompTIA Security+?
CompTIA Security+ is a globally recognized credential for aspiring IT professionals. The certification validates the candidate’s fundamental security knowledge and skills. Furthermore, Security+ helps them pursue their career in the respective field.
2. How to get CompTIA Security+ certification?
Take the following steps to achieve CompTIA Security+ Certification:
- Create A Pearson VUE Account: Pearson VUE is CompTIA’s global testing partners. So the first step to getting your Security+ certification is creating a Pearson VUE account.
- Register For Your Exam: Once created, sign-in to your account and register for the CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam.
- Find a Pearson VUE Test Center: the next step is to select a Pearson VUE testing center near you. There will be a list of testing centers available you can choose the one nearest to you.
- Schedule Your Exam: After selecting the desired testing center you need to schedule your exam. Select the day and time you prefer to take the exam and you will be shown the details later.
- Save Your Exam Details: Once your exam is scheduled you will receive an email containing all the necessary details on your exam that you may also have to provide at the testing center. Save your exam details carefully, you will also need them for your result. After passing the exam you will receive CompTIA Security+ badge and certification through email.
3. What is the latest edition of the CompTIA Security+ Exam? When was “SY0-501” released?
The latest edition of CompTIA Security+ is the SY0-501 Exam. It was released on October 4, 2017, at CompTIA’s global testing partner, Pearson VUE. The new CompTIA SY0-501 Exam Questions put more emphasis on cyber-attacks, risk management, and the best practices to reduce these attacks and risks.
4. What is the difference between SY0-401 and SY0-501? What is new in SY0-501? Which one is better SY0-401 or SY0-501?
CompTIA has offered their SY0-401 credential for years but security needs change and they had to adapt. The new SY0-501 edition is about 25% different from the previous Security+ exam.
- The main difference is in their objectives. While most of them are the same 3 of them are totally different.
- Network security is emphasized and categorized into threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities.
- Technologies and tools are introduced in the new set of objectives.
- Risk management is another new topic in the objectives.
- PKI is also included along with Cryptography in the SY0-501 Exam.
SY0-501 exam puts more emphasis on security tools and risk management along with adequate solutions to all the security issues. Also, the sy0-501 focuses more on the application and less on analytics.
Which is better?
While the SY0-401 exam had its own merits, naturally a student should select the latest in line to get the most advantage in the industry. While a load of additional objectives can be a burden they are necessary to walk the path to a successful career. Any help needed in the regard can be granted by CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Exam Dumps.
5. How much is CompTIA Security+ Exam?
The requirement for the Security+ credential is only a single exam, SY0-501. Which is currently priced at $339. CompTIA members and full-time students are eligible to receive discounts if they apply.
6. How long is SY0-501? How many questions are on the CompTIA Security+ exam?
The time allotted to candidates to solve CompTIA SY0-501 Exam Questions is 90-minutes. This exam includes a total of 90 multiple choice and performance-based questions.
7. What Types of Questions Are on the CompTIA Security+ Exam?
The CompTIA Security+ exam includes a combination of following types of Questions:
- Multiple-choice questions
- Drag and drop questions
- Performance-based questions
Note: The multiple-choice questions include both single multiple response questions. While the performance-based questions test your skills to solve problems in a simulated environment.
8. What are the CompTIA Security+ Exam Domains?
The CompTIA Security+ exam includes the following domains:
- Threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities
- Identity and Access Management
- Technologies and Tools:
- Risk Management
- Architecture and Design
- Cryptography and PKI
9. When does SY0-501 expire?
Like most of the CompTIA Exams, the Security+ Sy0-501 also expires after three years. After this period the candidates are liable to recertify their credentials by taking the latest version of the Security+ exam.
10. How long is the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 going to be available?
This CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam will retire in the spring of the year 2021. The exam will be replaced by the scheduled exam SY0-601.
11. When CompTIA Sy0-601 will release?
The CompTIA SY0-601 is scheduled to be released on October 4, 2020. The exam will last for three years and will retire in the spring of 2023.
12. What is the difference between the CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 exam and the SY0-501 exam?
Like the chance in CompTIA’s previous Security+ exam, the expected percentage of change in both SY0-501 and SY0-601 exam is 25%. It is also very likely to emphasize on more practical knowledge to reflect the changing cybersecurity trends. The new exam is estimated to focus on Cybersecurity threats, risk management techniques and IoT threats. Expect some hands-on skills to be included in the new edition to use technologies and tools.
13. What jobs can I get with SY0-501?
According to research conducted by CompTIA itself, 62% of hiring managers believe security skills are a must-have for cybersecurity roles. The most in-demand job roles that you can attain after passing SY0-501 exam are:
- Security Analyst
- Security Engineer or Architect
- Security/IT Director or Manager
- CISO/CSO, Systems Administrator
- Network Architect or Engineer
- Forensic Investigator
- Systems Engineer or Integrator
14. How hard is SY0-501?
How hard an exam is different based on different people’s skills, experience, and capability to memorize and analyze security-related objectives. CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Exam is based on more theoretical information. There is a lot to take in but the matter of it being easy or hard depends on the individual. However, as compared to the other CompTIA exams overall the Security+ exam is less challenging. Dumps4free CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Dumps can make studying for the exam less tiring and passing SY0-501 easier.
15.How to pass Security+ SY0-501? What do I need to focus on to pass the SY0-501 Security+ test?
While there is no hidden clue to how to pass the exam there are certain tips and trick that make a lot of difference and here they are:
- Get familiar with the security+ exam objectives. Knowing your exam is the basic of the basics to get preparation started.
- Create a study plan and stick through it. Devote some time of your day to practicing CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Exam Dumps. Remain consistent and you will notice the difference.
- Download Security+ SY0-501 Dumps having them nearby will make revising them easier.
- Join a Security+ community or forum online. Through them, you can learn tips and methods from your peers that actually work.
- Lastly, make sure you clear your head and don’t fuss over anything. The more relaxed you are the more easily it will become to study. And passing the exam by the end wouldn’t be a problem.
16. What books to buy for SY0-501? What is the best CompTIA Security+ Study Guide?
Different people have different preferences when it comes down to studying methods they adopt. Some of them like using videos, others prefer a boot camp or class then some want a book or better eBook to learn the best they can. Thus, here are 5 great choices for CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Exam candidates:
- CompTIA Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-501 Study Guide by Darril Gibson
- Mike Meyers’ CompTIA Security+ Certification Guide, Second Edition (Exam SY0-501)
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Guide: Master IT security essentials and exam topics for CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 certification
- CompTIA Security+ All-in-One Exam Guide, Fifth Edition (Exam SY0-501)
- CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Exam Cram (5th Edition)by Diane Barrett and Martin M. Weiss
17. How to get Dumps4free CompTIA Sy0-501 VCE Free of Cost?
Latest and Affordable Security+ SY0-501 Exam Dumps as well as VCE files are available at Dumps4free.com. The source is admirable considering how you get to have so many choices on CompTIA SY0-501 Dumps format. Plus, these are cost-effective and the platform offers user-friendly and stimulating software to use both online and offline.
If you are tired of looking for SY0-501 VCE where you don’t have to pay? Bet you didn’t give Dumps4Free a try. The website offers absolutely free VCE along with appropriately priced CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Dumps, both PDF and Test Engine. Downloading Dumps4Free CompTIA SY0-501 VCE free of cost is pretty simple. All you need to do is click on the VCE file showing on the Security+ Sy0-501 Dumps page, provide your email address and you file will start downloading. Once download you can open it easily and start your study right away.